Cervelo R5 Ultegra 8000 2018
Now $4,995 $6,499
Brought to you by Endeavour Cycles
Looking for the best off-the-shelf race-ready road bike for the money with full analogue Ultegra groupset? The Cervelo R5 Ultegra 8000 is a clear contender.
The ride of choice of Team Dimension Data, the Cervélo R5 has been updated for 2018.
R5 - REINVENTING THE CLASSIC
The R5 makes no compromises as an ultralight race machine first and foremost. Team Dimension Data's World Tour riders also praise its new pro fit, stable and responsive handling, and unrivalled stiffness. No wonder Bernie Eisel calls it "the perfect bike for stage racing,” with Omar Fraile demonstrating as much by powering it to glory in the 100th Giro d'Italia.
From geometry and technology to components and features, the R Series has been fundamentally re-engineered, revised and reinvented. These World Tour race machines have always been incredibly light and stiff, and now, after extensive research and testing, the R5, R3 and R2 are breaking new ground by delivering the ultimate all-round ride experience. The roads haven't changed, but the game has.
The new R Series epitomizes our definition of exceptional ride quality: When a bike feels perfectly in tune with its intended use. With wider wheel clearance, a versatile range of fit options, and a fine-tuned frame geometry that delivers confidence-inspiring handling, the R Series uniquely enhances both comfort and elite all-round performance.
These are our stiffest-ever road frames, with stiffness-to-weight ratios that are fine-tuned to a range of high-performance riding styles. The Team Dimension Data pros who helped develop the R Series are adamant that stiffness equals speed, and in the end they got exactly what they want thanks to new Squoval Max tube shapes.
- Item condition: New
- Availability: In-store
- Brand: Cervelo
- Category: Road Bikes
- Gender: Unisex
- Size: Medium
- Colour: Black
- Size CM: 54cm
- ID: 103740372
- Braking Type: Rim Brakes
- Material: Carbon
- Groupset: Shimano Ultegra
- Lighter, stiffer and more aerodynamic, Cervélo tell us this is the stiffest rim-brake road frame they have ever produced, thanks to its new Squoval Max tube shapes. Why? Because stiffness = faster acceleration and climbing!
- Cervélo-engineered all-carbon aero stem and bar
- The BBright asymmetrical bottom bracket makes for a stiffer, lighter frame
- Reduced-Friction bottom bracket guides improve gear shifting
- The frame's internal cable routing is future proofed should you ever consider a Di2 upgrade
- Full Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and brakes
- Mavic Ksyrium wheels with matching Yksion Elite Guard delivers all the benefits of an integrated wheel and tyre system
Frame: Cervélo All-Carbon
Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered R3 Fork
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
Rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11 speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11 speed
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 8000 STI, 2x11 speed
Crankset: Shimano Ultegra 8000 52/36
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000, 11-30
Handlebar: FSA Energy Compact
Stem: Cervélo Ultra Light Alloy Stem
Saddle: Fizik Antares R7
Seatpost: Cervélo Carbon SP19
Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium
Tyres: Mavic Yksion Elite Guard 700 x 25c
Your new bike will be fitted and serviced by our professionally trained staff. Ask about our bike fitting service, "Body Geometry Fit".
New bikes include a FREE complete service.